Mission & Vision
To become a centre of excellence in the field of school education comprising research, development, training, and extension with special reference to the eastern region of India including the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal and the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- To improve the quality of school education with focus on constitutional values and contemporary issues.
- To improve the quality of teacher education with emphasis on current trends in teaching learning and the emerging demands of school education.
- To collaborate with the central government and the state governments for formulation and implementation of different educational schemes.
- To provide need-based academic support to organizations working in the area of school education.
- To build and sustain a network of mutual support with peer institutions in the matter of school and teacher education.